university of east londonBsc Organization information systems
Management Information Systems
Session 6Presented simply by JONATHAN MARTIN DAZA 0798KDSA0409
Table of Contents
1 . Strategic Role3
1 . 1 WWF's Mission Statement3
1 . 1 . 1Objectives3
1 . 1 ) 2Goals3
1 . 2 WWF's PEST Analysis3
1 . 2 . 1 Personal environment4
1 ) 2 . two Economic environment4
1 . 2 . 3 Cultural environment4
1 ) 2 . 5 Technological environment4
1 . several WWF's SWOT analysis5
1 ) 3. 1 Strengths5
1 . 3. 2 Weaknesses5
1 . 3. 3 Opportunities5
1 ) 3. some Threats6
1 ) 4 Tactical Model6
2 . Identifying WWF's key functionality Indicators6
a few. Information Systems7
4. WWF's ethical concerns associated with use of IS/IT7
1 . Strategic Part
The enterprise chosen with regards to this job is Pret a Bouffer a business company that has retailers in the U. S, U. K, and Hong Kong. Pret specialises in healthy and fresh food. The organisation provides a comprehensive objective statement. It takes the organisation's inimitable and permanent basis for being, and it displays the way in which the organisation is all about.
1 ) 1 WWF's Mission Declaration
вЂPret creates hand made, natural meals, avoiding the obscure chemicals, additives and preservatives common to so much in the вЂprepare' and вЂfast' foodstuff on the market today. ' 1 . 1 . 1 Targets
* вЂConserving important placesВ and important species that are particularly essential for their habitat or for individuals. * Making sure the use of replenishable natural resources is eco friendly * Marketing the reduction of air pollution and inconsiderate consumption. '
1 . 1 ) 2 Desired goals
* вЂRaise public consciousness on climate change.
* Lessen deforestation in Madagascar, at least in which WWF is usually working, by simply promoting and inspiring alternatives to slash and burn cultivation. * Make new guarded areas (PAs) where WWF is working
* Help local areas to sustainably manage the forest through transfers of natural assets management (TNRM). * Reestablish forest scenery where WWF is functioning.
5. Promote reforestation to meet the growing with regard to fuelwood. 5. Assess the carbon dioxide stocks from the forest inside the project sites, improve existing knowledge upon specific forest-carbon related matters. '
1 . 2 WWF's PEST Examination
PEST can be an analysis of the external macro-environment that affects most companies. S. E. S. T. is short for for the Political, Monetary, Social, and Technological elements of the exterior macro-environment of a company or an enterprise. Such exterior factors are generally beyond the firm's control and sometimes present themselves as hazards, however , another times they can create fresh opportunities (Kotler, 1994). 1 ) 2 . you Political environmentВ В
Although WWF is a completely independent environmental business registered under Swiss legislation, international governmental policies and environmental laws may possibly significantly influence or influence their jobs and reasons. WWF will get some money from the public sector, meaning that some of the financial resources are related to politics decisions. Nevertheless some fundraising programmes, such as the adoption of animals in extinction, are not regulated by any rules, meaning that these particular fundraising tactics allows the organisation to boost money because of its projects and research, independent of the political envonment.
1 . 2 . 2 Financial environmentВ В
Income sources such as contributions from businesses, foundations and the public sector, signify a big percentage of WWF's revenue. Therefore , WWF funding can be substantially affected by the economic situation of your country. Individual supporters' charitable contributions are not personal priorities, so , an economic problems might make all of them reluctant to donate or perhaps adopt an animal. On the other hand, a great environmental catastrophe may improve the number of proponents and via shawls by hoda. Nowadays, environmental issues are getting to be a real reason for concern for the future of the...
Recommendations: * Supervision and Info Systems, O'Brien M., 8-10 Edition McGraw-Hill, 2008
* WWF international, who we could
5. WWF UK, Our world Each of our Future
* School of Organization and Economics, MIS Course " Home of the Power of Technology"